Four good matches.
That’s what it will take to win a state championship this weekend at Pepsi Center.
Three wrestlers in Class 4A are aiming to become the newest members of the Four Timers’ Club, something that only 24 wrestlers in state history have ever accomplished. All three wrestlers are favored to win their respective brackets — Dominick Serrano of Windsor at 132, Isaiah Salazar of Windsor at 182, and Andy Garcia of Pueblo East at 285.
Never before have two wrestlers from the same school completed the four-peat in the same season, which is what Serrano and Salazar have the opportunity to do. Serrano, a Nebraska commit, has never lost a match in high school, something that’s been done just once before in Colorado. Garcia, meanwhile, can become his schools’ first-ever four-time champion and the fourth ever from the wrestling-rich Pueblo community.
Without further ado, here are all 14 brackets for the 4A classification:4A State Wrestling Brackets - 2020
4A Tournament schedule
Thursday, February 20
- Weigh-in: 12:30 p.m.
Preliminaries: 6-8:45 p.m (5 mats)
Friday, February 21
- Weigh-in: 8 a.m.
- Championship quarterfinals: 12:45-3:30 p.m. (5 mats)
- First round consolation: Immediately following previous round
- Semifinals: 6:45 p.m. (2 mats)
- Second round consolation: 7:15 p.m. (1 mat each class). (As mats become available, expand to 10 mats)
- **4A/5A wrestlers competing in the second round consolation will begin at the same time as the championship semifinals — 4A on Mat 1; 5A on Mat 10.
Saturday, February 22
- Weigh-in: 8 a.m.
- Third round consolation: 10 a.m. (10 mats)
- Semifinal consolation: Immediately following (as mats become available)
- Fifth place: Immediately following (as mats become available)
- Third place: Immediately following (as mats become available
- • • Clear house • •
- Doors open: 5:30 p.m.
- Parade of Champions: 6:30 p.m.